iPhone Battery and When to Replace Them
When to replace your battery?
Did you know that the average life of a cell phone battery is only approximately 2 to 3 years? As phones are used and charged, battery performance and capacity decreases overtime. Most customers who have been using their phone for more than two years have reported that their phone dies quickly or that they have to charge their phone more often compared to when they first bought their device. If this is happening, you will likely need to bring your phone in to get your battery replaced.
What to do when you have battery issues?
1. Check your iPhone battery health.
- If you have iOS 11.3 or above:Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. If your phone says service or battery health is 80% or below, you may need a battery replacement. (Note: This feature is in beta testing only and is often incorrect)
- If you have an older iOS, try downloading apps like Battery Life (Note: We cannot guarantee the accuracy of third-party apps)
2. Come in for a Free Battery Test: Our technicians have equipment that can determine the precise battery life and number of cycles it has been charged. They can also give you advice on whether or not to replace your battery, or if your phone has other motherboard issues that are affecting the drain on your battery.
3. Replace your battery: Most battery repairs take under an hour. All battery repairs at Cellular Toy Shoppe come with a brand new battery and a 90 Day Warranty.
How to check your battery health (iOS 11.3 or later)
iPhone Battery Repair Prices
- iPhone Battery Test FREE
- Our repair technicians will open your device and test the battery manually. We will give you a precise measurement on battery health and give you a recommendation on whether or not you need to replace your iPhone battery.
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5s - Battery Replacement $60
- iPhone SE - Battery Replacement $60
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus - Battery Replacement $60
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus - Battery Replacement $60
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus - Battery Replacement $60
- iPhone 8, Phone 8 Plus - Battery Replacement $60
- All Battery replacements take approximately 1 hour repair, first come first serve. All repairs come with 90 Day Warranty.
- iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone X Max - Battery Replacement Please Call for Availability
- Please call us for iPhone X/XR/Xs/X Max battery availability
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max - Battery Replacement Please Call for Availability
- Please call us for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max battery availability